Last night, PR firms scored big at Cannes, under the Mobile, Design, Print & Publishing, Radio & Audio, and Outdoor categories.
Ketchum swept the awards with four Gold Lions, the most prestigious award given to pros. The work recognized included the National Safety Council’s “Prescribed to Death” campaign, led by Energy BBDO, and their “Rest in Grease” campaign for Wendy’s, which premiered as a five-song mixtape.
Quick fact about the “Prescribed to Death” campaign: our client Oat Foundry made and provided the split flap board used at the end of the installment. Every few seconds, the name (and number) of someone who died of an overdose was displayed. People who went to the installment could add the name of their loved one for remembrance.
Weber Shandwick gained a Bronze Lion in a non-PR category for the idea creation for the campaign surrounding the mobile app Studytracks, which converts homework into music, covering a range of 55 subjects. The app has the approval stamp from teachers and students alike.
Weber Shandwick also bagged eight wins total, four with Alison Brod Marketing and Communications for their work for Burger King, and four more with Verizon.
Freuds and KFC won Gold in Print & Publishing with their response to its chicken supply problems in the UK last year. Taking an ad out Metro apologizing to customers for running out of chicken:
— Andrew Bloch (@AndrewBloch) February 23, 2018
FleishmanHillard won Silver and Bronze Mobile Lions with PepsiCo, in their interactive virtual reality campaign to encourage high school athletes to stay hydrated on and off the field.
See all the winners:
Print and Publishing
- Freuds for KFC FCK for KFC (Gold Lion)
- Weber Shandwick London and Alison Brod Marketing and Communications New York for BK Clown series for Burger King (four Silver Lions)
- Alison Brod Marketing and Communications New York for McMansions for Burger King (Silver Lion)
- Edelman Dallas for KFC/Romance Novel/Mother’s Day for KFC (Silver Lion)
Radio and Audio
- Ketchum for Rest in Grease for Wendy’s (Gold and Bronze Lion)
- Ketchum for Twitter Fingers for Wendy’s (Gold and Bronze Lion)
- Ketchum for Holding It Down for Wendy’s (Gold and Bronze Lion)
- Weber Shandwick for Cedrika for Verizon (Silver Lion)
- Weber Shandwick for Jose for Verizon (Silver Lion)
- Weber Shandwick for Laura for Verizon (Silver Lion)
- Weber Shandwick for Raglands for Verizon (Silver Lion)
- FinchFactor for The Uncensored Playlist for Reporters Without Borders (Silver Lion)
- FleishmanHillard Chicago for Beat the Blitz for PepsiCo (Silver and Bronze Lion)
- Harrison and Shriftman for Snapchat Music Video for Bacardi (Bronze Lion)
- Rogers & Cowan for Elton John Legacy for Rocket Entertainment (Bronze Lion)
- Maria Shakhova PR Agency (Russia) for Rain WiFi for Tele2 (Bronze Lion)
- W Communications for Project 84 for Calm (Silver Lion)
- Edelman New York for Chobani Rebrand for Chobani (Bronze Lion)
- Hill+Knowlton Strategies Amsterdam for Evert_45 for KPN (Bronze Lion)